If you spend most of the time in a sedentary position, these exercises are just for you. Moreover, they are easy, quick and fun to be done. Hence, you no longer have an excuse. You don’t have time to go to the gym? You can do these exercises at your workplace or while watching TV.
These 5 chair exercises can help you keep in shape no matter how busy you are. Bear in mind that you should combine these exercises with a proper and healthy diet. Start practicing these exercises once a day, and as it gets easier do them 2-3 times on a daily basis. You will be amazed by the results.
5 Chair Exercises for Belly Fat
1. Knee Pull-Ins
This exercise targets your core and lower abs. This exercise will eliminate the lower tummy flab. These are the instructions:
- Sit on the edge of your chair with your feet firmly on the ground while keeping your back straight.
- Lift your right knee towards your chest while bringing your hands towards the knees.
- Alternate the knees and do 20-30 repetitions.
2. Double Knee Lift
This is a little more advanced exercise. However, it will strengthen your abdominal muscles. Follow these steps:
- Stay seated on the chair with your knees touching. Place your hands on the armrests and keep your back straight.
- Lift both knees to your chest at the same time.
- Then, lower the feet to the ground without touching the ground.
- Repeat this exercise 10-20 times.
3. Oblique Pull Ups
This exercise is quite similar to the previous one and it targets your waistline. These are the instructions:
- Sit on the chair with your hands on the armrests.
- Lean to one side of your chair while partially lifting your bum off the chair.
- Repeat the same motion as the double knee lift.
- Then, lean to the other side and repeat the double knee lift.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
4. Floor Reaches
This amazing exercise eliminates the fat from your hips and sides. Follow these steps:
- Sit tall with your feet on the ground and your arms straight next to your sides at shoulder height.
- Lean forward to touch your feet, your left toes with the right hand and vice versa.
- Alternate each time while doing 20-30 repetitions.
5. Pull Up
This exercise targets and strengthens your arms, core, back, and shoulders. These are the instructions:
- Sit on the chair with your arms on the armrests.
- Push yourself up while using your abs to pull up your knees.
- Hold for a while and lower yourself back down as slowly as possible.
- Do 20-30 repetitions.