It might be hard to believe, after all, many of us had used Vick VapoRub. It seems like a harmless ointment, effective for fever, nasal congestion, and many other affections.
But this case will make people question its use, especially moms and dads with small children because it could bring fatal consequences to them. A Mexican mother tells her tragedy to warn other parents and avoid someone else going through what she’s living: the loss of her 2-years-old baby. When she came back from work, she came into her baby’s room. When she got near to kiss him, she felt he had a fever. She imagined it was just a common cold and thought about a home remedy to relieve him. She rubbed Vick VapoRub on his chest, back, and under his nose to help him breathe. She tucked him up and laid down next to him. She was tired, so she fell asleep next to her baby. She carried him and took it to the hospital to save him. But, sadly, everything was pointless, the baby had been dead for hours. The medical report stated the child died due to in×ammation in the respiratory track, produced by the camphor contained in the famous ointment.