Fenugreek seeds have somewhat bitter taste and are often used to make medicines, the seeds and leaves are packed with health-benefiting nutrients, fiber and minerals. Its high fibre contents helps blocks cholesterol absorption in your body. Studies have proved fenugreek seed cleanses your blood vessels and get rid of plague in your arteries.
They are considered cleansing herbs used on the body to eliminate built up waste materials, toxins and fat from the arteries. Fenugreek seeds also contains protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, and diosgenin (which is a compound that has properties similar to estrogen)
The presence of soluble fiber, in particular, increases the viscosity of the digested food and inhibits the uptake of cholesterol and bile acids.
Here’s how to prepare fenugreek seeds;
– Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
– The next morning, eat the seeds along with the water on an empty stomach.
– Add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to 1 cup of water.
– Boil it for 5 minutes, strain and add a little honey.
– Drink it 1 or 2 times daily.
– Repeat either of these remedies daily for several months.
Additional tips that will improve your health:
– Quit smoking
– Avoid drinking alcohol
– Limit your intake of sugar
– Do not eat fried red meat as it can clog your arteries
– Include beans and whole-grain products in your diet
– Eat more fruits with bright colors (oranges, mango, tomatoes, watermelon and blueberries)
– Consume 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil daily to help reduce plaque buildup in the arteries
– Drink 1 to 2 glasses of pure organic cranberry juice
– Cook food in virgin olive oil for its positive effects on cholesterol levels
– Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily
– Eat a few walnuts daily.