Puffy eyes may come as a result of different issues like tiredness, not getting enough sleep, could be hereditary, caused by water retention, it could be due to ageing and so on.
If you don’t want to spend loads of money on creams, here are natural remedy to cure puffy eyes.
Probably, the easiest way to get rid of puffy eyes is to drink water. When the body is well hydrated, there is less chance of water retention that can cause your under-eye area and other parts of your body to swell. Water also helps flush toxins out of the body.
Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. In addition to this, you must reduce the amount of salt you eat to reduce water retention in the body. Also, avoid caffeinated and carbonated beverages that can be dehydrating.
Its best to use green tea. Green teabags help get rid of puffy eyes
1. Take two teabags (one for each eye)
2. Soak the teabags in cold water for a few minutes
3. Lie down with eyes closed and place teabags gently over each eye
4. Leave the teabags on for about 15-20 minutes
5. Remove teabags and rinse face with cold water
An alternative is to keep the teabags in the freezer for a few minutes then use as indicated.
This is another great way to get rid of puffy eyes. It will help tighten up the skin around your eyes as well as relax the blood vessels, thus offering relief to puffy and tired eyes.
1. Chill 5 or 6 metal spoons in your refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Hold the rounded portion of one of the cold spoons against your eye for a few minutes until the spoon becomes warm.
3. As the spoon warms, replace it with another cold one from the refrigerator.