mexzcglobal
8 Day Old Baby is Burnt in House Fire in Lagos, Nigeria 8 Day Old Baby is Burnt in House Fire in Lagos, Nigeria
In a rather sad an eight-day-old baby was burnt to death after a fire broke out in Abeke street, Makoko area of Lagos, which razed... 8 Day Old Baby is Burnt in House Fire in Lagos, Nigeria

In a rather sad an eight-day-old baby was burnt to death after a fire broke out in Abeke street, Makoko area of Lagos, which razed down houses.

The raging inferno swept through the shanty Makoko settlement, burning about 20 structures, and rendering over 80 people homeless. An eyewitness said the fire started around 8:00p.m. due to the negligence of a resident who was cooking.

By the time the fire fighters got to the scene, the fire had engulfed nearly the whole street. One of the victims said: “The first fire service tanker that got to the scene didn’t have water. Before support could come, the fire had wrecked its havoc. The sad part is that the fire killed a small baby that was named just a day before. The mother didn’t know that the foam where she kept her baby was on fire.”

Bashir, one of the residents, was at mosque when the fire broke out. He said, “we heard people shouting but we were not moved because it is a regular thing for people to shout in this area. After the prayer, I headed home and saw people gathered around my area. I saw the fire and it was still far from my house.”

Loading...

Subscribe

Receive Tips to Help Improve Your Health and Living Conditions.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Staff Writer

No comments so far.

Be first to leave comment below.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close AD
Loading...
Get Lifesyle / Health Tips Free

Get Lifesyle / Health Tips Free

Subscribe to receive tips to help improve your health and living conditions.

You have Successfully Subscribed!