What’s up with tooth powder? Is it better than toothpaste? In this article, you will found out everything you need to know about the two. More like the pros and cons of each..
Tooth Powder – Pros and Cons
– Tooth powders have rough surface so they give better cleansing of teeth. It is a powder. About 20% salt, 80% soda. The more salt the better it is for your gum.
– Tooth powder can be more effective at removing plaque than toothpaste.
– Ingredients in tooth powders like mint and tea tree oil can leave the mouth feeling clean and crisp, while cinnamon can help fight microbes in the mouth.
– Most tooth powders are composed of natural and organic ingredients. Because it does not contain fluoride, it is non-toxic and safer for children.
– Some tooth powders contains baking soda which can cause gum recession.
– The rough surface in most tooth powders may destroy the protective enamel of teeth, making them weak in the future.
Tooth Paste – Pros and Cons
– Saccharins are commonly used substance in paste to impart sweetness. Using tooth paste containing such sweetners just after waking up in the morning will kill the enzymes present in your mouth which results in the bad effects on digestive system.
– Paste may contain fluoride, which is poisonous if swallowed.
– Your teeth may also need fluoride, which has been scientifically proven to increase resistance to decay.
– Strengthens enamel, fights bad breath.
– Reduces gingivitis (a common and mild form of gum disease (periodontal disease) that causes irritation, redness and swelling of your gums.)
Of course taking care of your teeth requires more than just using tooth powder or toothpaste. To keep teeth healthier and whiter, try these instructions;
- Brush teeth at least twice a day, morning and night after meals.
- Rinse regularly to keeps gums healthy and bacteria at bay.
- Change out your toothbrush every three months or so.
- Make sure that you clean your toothbrush thoroughly after each use.
So which do you prefer to brush with: tooth powder or toothpaste? Drop your comments below!
Add your obsrvations to the discussion. It can really help people to hear from others.