Knee pain is one of the most common health problems we experience during our lifetime. The reason why we feel the pain is defect in the bony structure of the knee cap and knee joint.
It can affect anyone, regardless of the age, and the intensity of the pain can vary from mild to severe. The best way to treat and cure this uncomfortable and painful condition is with the help of alternative medicine.
What Causes Knee Pain?
- Knee injuries that occur during sport or recreational activities (dislocation of the knee joint or knee cap, fracture in the knee cap, injured ligaments, ligament tears, injured tendons)
- Diseases such as arthritis or osteoporosis
Knee Pain Symptoms
- Swelling in the knee
- Sharp and dull pain in the knee joints
- Stiffness and reduced movement of the knee
- Difficulty in walking as a result of painful knee joints
- Inflammation in the affected knee area.Knee Pain Home Remedies
Knee pain affects your everyday life by causing difficulty in walking and uncomfortable pain in the joints in this area when doing ordinary activities like bending your legs, walking, or running. Luckily, you can solve this problem and significantly reduce or eliminate your knee pain without making a hole in your pocket.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar with Cold Water
The alkalizing properties of apple cider vinegar help decrease the debilitating pain in knees. It is able to dissolve the harmful toxins in the knee joints, and lubricate the joints, thus improving the mobility.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
Add the vinegar in the water, and stir well. Drink this solution once a day.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Hot Water
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- Hot water (hot bath)
Add APV in a bathtub filled with hot water, and stir well with your hands. Soak your knees in the water while still hot, for around half an hour. Do this once daily, for several days to lower your inner knee pain.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar with Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Mix both ingredients well and apply the mixture to the front and back area of the knee. Let it act for half an hour, and then wash your knees with clean water. In this way, you will relieve the pain you feel in the this area.
4. Turmeric and Ginger
The active compound in turmeric, curcumin, provides anti-inflammatory effects which effectively relieve inner and outer knee pain. This food is one of the most effective knee pain relievers.
- One and a half tablespoon of chopped ginger
- One and a half tablespoon of turmeric
- 2 drops of honey
- 1 cup of water
Add all ingredients in the water, and boil over a medium heat for ten minutes. Let it cool for around ten minutes, and strain. Drink the liquid immediately. Do this twice a day to eliminate your knee pain.