Castor oil is the oil obtained by pressing the seeds of the castor oil plant, also known as Ricinus communis. This oil is considered to be one of the simplest and most effective beauty remedies and its uses as well as its health benefits are endless. Therefore, if there isn’t at least one bottle of it in your home, you should definitely get one!
Castor oil is a rich storehouse of minerals, proteins, vitamin E, antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also abounds in omega-9 fatty acids, which provide nourishment to the follicles and the hair as well as promote the growth of hair, eyebrows and eyelashes
Furthermore, owing to its high content of triglycerides of unsaturated fats, castor oil possesses a power to rejuvenate. In addition, the ricinoleic acid found in this oil is known to have the ability to impede and treat infections, mildew, fungi and microbes.
Castor oil has potent anti-inflammatory properties, which help improve digestion and hinder the occurrence of any intestinal inflammations.
This incredible oil makes hair, eyebrows and eyelashes much stronger and less liable to breakage especially due to the omega-9 fatty acids found in it. Simply apply several drops of castor oil on your scalp and rub in gently to promote hair growth.
As Dr. David Williams claims, castor oil is beneficial for the lymph flow:
“There is no drug that can improve the flow of lymph, but the topical application of castor oil can achieve that.”
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits and uses, castor oil has many other uses as well, including:
- It soothes sunburns;
- It treats skin infections, acne, pimples, and various other skin conditions;
- It helps heal Athlete’s foot;
- It provides headache relief;
- It treats gastrointestinal issues;
- It helps alleviate menstrual cramps;
- It hinders the occurrence of worms
- It hinders fungal and microbial infections of the scalp;
- It prevents and removes dandruff.
Castor Oil Packing – Preparation and Use
Castor oil packing is prepared and used as an effective natural way to treat various health issues, including: irritable bowel syndrome, ovarian cysts, kidney stones, digestive issues, menstrual cramps, fibroids, and swollen joints.
- To prepare such packing, you should pour a small amount of castor oil on several layers of gauze and apply them directly on your skin. To boost its effects, place a hot water bottle onto the packing and allow it to sit for at least 1 hour. Repeat this treatment up to three times per week.
If you want to promote the growth of your eyelashes and eyebrows, you should prepare the following mixture:
- 20 ml panthenol
- 30 ml castor oil
- 15 drops of garlic
- Mix the above ingredients together and apply the resulting mixture on your eyelashes and eyebrows every night, before bedtime. This concoction will significantly speed up their growth.