Most nail polishes will give your nails a glossy finish. It is very fashionable these days to have a matte or non-shiny nail color. Some nail polish companies make products with a matte finish, but these can be expensive. There are other methods you can use at home to create a matte finish cheaply, such as using steam or cornstarch.
Using Cornstarch to Create a Matte Finish
Get a piece of foil or wax paper. Put a few drops of nail polish on it.
- Obtain a toothpick and a box of cornstarch.
- Take a very small amount of cornstarch and mix it into the nail polish.
- Do this quickly, as the nail polish will dry out.
- The nail polish will be thicker than normal but this is ok.
- Make sure the polish isn’t too thick or it won’t spread on the nail properly.