The veejaay has a distinct smell which is not a problem, as everybody has their own particular va’ginal smell that is natural. Whether this natural smell is neutral or not, it is a matter of personal judgment.
In fact, some women notice their odor when there is no notable odor detected by others.
However, if the odor changes and becomes strongly unpleasant, this change deserves attention because it is perhaps a sign of a serious va’ginal infection. If left untreated, this condition may cause not only physiologic problems but also emotional stress which can make the person uncomfortable thinking the odor is detected by others.
1. Excessive washing: Even if you’re just washing your va’gina with warm water, excessive washing can still mess with the va’gina’s flora, causing an odor.
2. Allergy to condoms: Some women are allergic to certain materials in condoms, which can throw off va’ginal bacteria and cause odor.
3. Douching: This can mess with the pH levels of the va’gina and even cause a large amount of bacteria to grow. There is good and bad bacteria that can be down there, but the bad bacteria can cause a strong smell.
5. Spicy Food: Spicy food can cause a sudden increase in your va’ginal discharge, which can cause va’ginal odor.
6. Sleeping with underwear at night: According to reports, sleeping in the nu de to air out the va’gina is the best way to go.
7. Laundry Detergent: Laundry detergent with perfume or fabric softeners can irritate the va’gina, once again causing odor. Wash your underwear separately with unscented detergent.
8. Pregnancy: During pregnancy, many of vitamins and minerals are passed along to your baby, and this can throw off the pH levels in your va’gina.
9. S*x: You may notice va’ginal odors accumulating directly after s*x.