Bitter leaf has many natural health benefits including blood sugar regulation, helping with repair of the pancreas and may also help reduce the risk of breast cancer amongst other things.
Bitter leaf is a shrub which grows abundantly throughout all African countries. As the name implies, it has a bitter taste which may discourage alot of people from taking the leaf but numerous health benefits are embedded under this awful taste. To get the natural health benefits from bitter leaf, follow this instruction;
-Pluck the leaves
-Wash thoroughly before squeezing the leaves to extract the juice.
-Sieve the juice to remove the sediments.
-Take a glass of the juice thrice in a day in cases of severe health issues.
Alternatively, squeeze the washed leaves and make a delicious soup out of it.
There are several health benefits of bitter leaf and why it’s necessary you have it planted in your garden. See top 8 natural health benefits of bitter leaf;
1. First aid-When there is a case of blood gushing out from a fresh wound, squeeze the liquid out and rub it on the wound to stop the bleeding immediately.
2. Bitter leaf is known to have antimalarial and anti-bactrial properties inclusive of natural Quinine which helps in malaria treatments.
3. Drinking of the bitter leaf juice daily can be used to reduce maximally blood glucose levels and alleviating symptoms like memory loss and shock.
4. Sexually transmitted diseases(STDs) complications can be resolved by squeezing the leaves and rubbing it on the patches and warts that appear on the skin which will vanish in a matter of days.
5. It is useful for treating of ringworm, eczema and other diseases, just squeeze and paste it regularly, drink the fresh bitter leaf juice, this will clear them off in no time.
6. It prevent Arthritis or rheumatism in patients. It gives a soothing relief to the swollen joints and stops the excruciating pain.
7. The stem has a natural remedy to stomach aches. Chew the washed stem and swallow the juice or alternatively drink the extract by pounding the leaves.
8. Bitter leaf has been discovered over the years to bring immediate vitality in cases of extreme weakness and fatigue. Make a squeeze of the bitter leaf in water, take a glass of the juice 3 times daily.
These discussed health benefits are but a few of its supernatural importance to humanity, very few people are aware that this vegetable is highly medicinal and this is enough reason for you to start using it in your home and informing your family, friends too.