Hot weather reminds us that we are getting closer to that time of the year when we wear less clothes and show more skin. Stretch marks are one of the women’s biggest enemies that kill their self-confidence. Men are concerned with this, as well.
WHAT ARE STRETCH MARKS?
The skin is elastic and if you pull up and release it, it will go back to its original condition, but if it is significantly stretched this will not happen. Stretch marks may appear due to the physical stretching of the skin (bodybuilding, pregnancy, obesity, rapid growth and development in puberty) and hormonal changes in the body (pregnancy, puberty). Stretch marks are scars of varying size and appear as wavy lines. In the initial phase they are red or pink, but over time they turn white or silver. Most of the time, they appear on the abdomen, lower back, chest, upper arm, buttocks and thighs. Genes and skin type play a major role in the appearance of stretch marks. Women with dry skin are more affected by this unpleasant problem.
HOW TO TREAT STRETCH MARKS?
Although stretch marks appear to be on the top layer of our skin, they are under it which complicates the process of their treatment. Although it seems impossible to remove stretch marks it requires patience and persistence. There are many different products and cosmetic procedures to remove stretch marks, but the safest and most effective way is exfoliation. Here is how to prepare exfoliation scrub at home using products that you already have in your kitchen.
INGREDIENTS & WHY THEY WORK:
Ground Coffee – Coffee is excellent exfoliant successfully removes rough dead skin cells and allowing the new skin layer to get proper treatment and humidification . Caffeine in contact with skin through massage improves circulation and is great consists of combat cellulite.
Olive Oil – Olive oil cleans, nourishes and protects the skin but also penetrates the skin layer where stretch marks percent are located and treated.
FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
1. Take the amount of coffee you need to massage the place you want to treat. Put the coffee in a small bowl and add enough warm water to moisten it and stir. Do not put too much water.
2. Add olive oil to the bowl to make a homogeneous mixture. Ideally, the end mix should produce a paste that can stay on your skin for an extended period of time.
3. Once the paste is ready, apply it to and around the area where the stretch marks are present and gently massage it. Ideally, your skin should be clean prior to applying the scrub for the best results.
4. Leave the paste on your skin for twenty minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove the mixture with a non-abrasive cloth.
6. Apply a natural moisturizer to the area 2-3 times throughout the day.
7. This scrub should be repeated once a day until you see a noticeable difference in the area. Be patient and don’t give up!